Friday 23 May 2014

Post the Twenty-First - chair update two

I was hoping that this would be very short again. Actually, I wanted it to consist of just one sentence: 'My chair is fixed!' Sadly, that's not the case, despite the fact that the engineer came this morning. They ordered the wrong motor. I'm a bit gutted, really. We have to wait for parts all over again...with no idea how long they'll take this time, either.

However sad this makes me, though, I'm determined not to let it get me down. I've always believed that things happen for a reason, and maybe the universe is so excited by the progress I'm making on getting out of my chair that it wants to give me a little longer to experiment without the distraction of all the other things I could do if I had electricity. Or perhaps it's a method for extending my immersion in the eighteenth-century world of my play. We'll just have to be patient to find out. Who knows, at this rate, I might even be walking by the time it's fixed! Whatever it is, I've coped for long enough now that another few days [weeks, months?] can't be too much harder, and I've got lots of strategies to get me through. Thank goodness for my dissertation (escaping into work is what I do best), theatre and the music of The Kinks (more on that tomorrow!).

Anyway, I thought you'd all like the news, particularly because I had said I hoped it would be sorted by today. As I often wrote to sign off Walking by 2013, we just have to keep plodding - and I hugely appreciate you all being with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment