Saturday 10 May 2014

Post the Ninth - hair today

This morning I had another shower! (I would promise that this is the last time you'll see that word written on this blog but, if I did, I'd be lying - there'll be at least one more post in which they feature.)

Anyway, what I have to share today is linked to having a shower, because it happened afterwards - and, although it could easily have occurred otherwise, the combination of a broken chair and wet hair (ooh, they rhyme!) was the impetus for it.

Basically, because I have to be pushed around at the moment, Caroline had put my hairbrush on my lap for me to carry while she manoeuvred us down the corridor and thro kitchen. Feeling brave, I picked it up, and started running the bristles through my hair.

Tiny, insignificant detail, I hear you shout. Sure, particularly because I used to do it all the time, but now my arms are usually otherwise engaged, keeping me upright. So today marks the first time in a good long while that I have been able to brush my own hair, which shows that it is possible to regain skills once thought lost, and I thought that deserved a post.

I even have a picture, since I was fully clothed!


 
Things getting hairy...

No comments:

Post a Comment