Friday 2 May 2014

Post the Fifth - April showers

As will be obvious from yesterday's update, I'm very aware that it is now May. That said, it's only just May, and what I'm writing about today occurred in the last week of April. I only held off posting about until now because I wanted to be sure that it was happening. It also provides me with a rather convenient pun.

You see, now that the Botox has settled in, I can sit up on my own for most of the duration of a shower - and that feels awesome. I know it probably seems pretty trivial in the grand scheme of human achievement, but for me it's huge. In the writing of Walking by 2013, as those of you who've read it may remember, I didn't focus too much on the so-called 'smaller' milestones - which is partly why there was often a very long gap between posts, because I didn't want to repeat the bigger things, for fear of boring you lovely readers. This time, though, the scope is a little different (much more of a microcosm) so I figure that these sorts of topics are acceptable.
Anyway, sitting up in the shower. Understandably, this isn't a 'pics or it didn't happen' situation, because that would involve taking photos of me naked and posting them on the internet...which will NOT happen. EVER. So I hope you'll trust that the sitting up did, because it was (and is) amazing.

Here's to it continuing through May.

No comments:

Post a Comment