Sunday 1 June 2014

Post the Thirtieth - journaling in June

Unfortunately this has been a super studious Sunday, filled with much dissertationing, and I don't have anything spectacularly exciting to share with you. However, since today heralds both the thirtieth post (!) and the first of June, I thought I'd write a little piece on the subject of numbers. Specifically, numbers relating to my blogging ventures, both past and present.

So, here goes:

Firstly, the thing that most surprised me: people still read Walking by 2013! It has had 15,350 total page views - and, whilst the majority of those occurred during the time in which I was regularly updating, 165 (!) were in the last month. It has also been visited three times (not by me, as I have my page views blocked so they aren't counted) both yesterday and today. This makes me wonder whether I should break my own rule of leaving it as an archive to write an update and make people aware of what's going on over here. What do you think?

(At least I've finally got round to changing my profile...happy now, Lauren Smith!?)

Secondly, Walking by 2015 has itself had over 2,500 views (2,612, to be precise)! That's overwhelming. I mean, I know I've been posting links to Facebook and Twitter, but that's it - and the views come from all over the world. To be shown that people are actually interested (maybe even invested) in this ramshackle little ramble of mine is amazing, and humbling, ways that I (for once) can't quite fit into words.

So I want to simply say...thank you. Thank you for reading, for rooting, and for running with me. It means the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment