Monday 16 June 2014

Post the Forty-Fifth - in praise of my chair

Just a short (and early) post today, as it's a busy one, but I wanted to express my gratitude - this time for something which may surprise you. Due to the title of this blog, and the nature of my endeavour to get onto my feet a little, it might come across as though I'm not particularly fond of my chair. Allow me to set that record straight - if anything, my gratitude has only grown over the years. With it being broken for so long, I have been reminded how important it is, and just how lucky I am to have it. That's not to say I ever took it (or any of the others) for granted, because I didn't, but now that it is alive once again I am aware of how many roles it fulfilled and fulfils.

So, thanks, chair - because, as I've said before, however much the thought of living in the eighteenth century may entice me, access to electricity, sanitation and healthcare is not to be forgotten or sneezed at. Nor is the fact that many of our fellow human beings still do not have it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment