Saturday 21 June 2014

Post the Fiftieth - knees up

After a long day at the dissertation yesterday, last night Nori, Caroline and I went to Cecil Sharp house for the final monthly ceilidh before all the festivals kick off. There was much dancing, laughter and fun to be had. I felt transported back to one of the public assemblies in my favourite era - the timelessness of folk has that effect - and it didn't matter a jot that I was sitting down. We circle danced, we polkaed and we waltzed - the latter involving both of my dear friends attempting to ride my chair at the same time, one balanced on the front and the other perched on the back.

I'll try and convince my iPad Mini to let me include a picture or two...it was fab, and more than suitable fare for my fiftieth post!


Wheeeee!



No comments:

Post a Comment