Wednesday 18 June 2014

Post the Forty-Seventh - take to the floor

I wanted to write a coherent and considered post about this, to compensate for the last few shorter ones, but I am still so overwhelmed by the enormity of what I have to tell you that I can only manage a few sentences.

This evening, I had my first session of 'proper' physio (i.e. with a physiotherapist) in almost two years...and I lay on the floor (comfortably) for nearly two hours. Not only that, but I was on my back for the majority of the session, and I even managed fifteen or twenty minutes on my left side. I haven't been on my left side for longer than thirty seconds in about five years.

I don't have pictures because, in order for my physio to do a proper reassessment, I had very few clothes on. So you'll have to trust me - but it happened...I just don't have any more words to tell you how. My heart is too full of joy to be verbal tonight...but perhaps that's eloquent in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment