Thursday 5 June 2014

Post the Thirty-Fourth - chair update three

You probably weren't expecting to see another of these so (comparatively) soon, given that we had no idea about when parts would be coming. I know I certainly wasn't. Nevertheless, I do have news, although I once again can't do what I so desperately wanted to and shout to the rooftops that everything is fixed.

Yesterday morning we got a call (completely out of the blue, after a period of radio silence from the engineers) to say that the parts were in. If I was agreeable they would squeeze me in at some point today (Thursday), with the caveat that the schedule was full, and they couldn't give me a timed appointment. This meant I'd have to stay in bed until (whenever) they came but, even though my muscles don't like me to lie down for too long, I knew I could cope if my chair would be fixed at the end of it.

So I stayed in bed this morning, and waited for the engineer, who arrived at about 1.30. He took the chair out to his van to fit the parts (notice the plural there - it's important). At exactly 2.30, I got a call from one of the admin team at the company, to say that there was a problem and he had phoned her because he didn't know what to do. He had only been given one of the two motors (which, if you remember, was the cause of the delay last time because they didn't know two were needed) even though now they had ordered two. The second one was at the office, it just hadn't been put into his van.

He wasn't able to fit one without the other, so he's coming again at some point tomorrow morning (Friday). Then it should be fixed. That's great. Understandably, though, I'm not letting myself get overly excited - especially because I only got up at 3pm today and had nothing to show for it.

I'm not upset (there's no point) and I'll be perennially hopefully, as always. I'm just going to wait until I can get in my chair and actually drive around before I let the euphoria loose. I'll let you know if that day arrives tomorrow...tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment