Tuesday 10 June 2014

Post the Thirty-Ninth - chair update five

I am mobile!

We went to the wheelchair clinic this afternoon for the engineer who knows me (and my chair) really well to have a try at fixing things. He investigated the particular fault code that has been flashing up this time, and it turns out that it may not have had anything to do with the motors at all, but been a result of a dodgy connection between the micro-switches that cut the circuit when necessary. He has therefore temporarily disabled them (the irony) and sent me home for 48 hours to test whether that is the issue, whilst in the meantime ordering replacement switches, so he can swap them over quickly once we know. Crucially, he's ordered them himself, instead of waiting for the maintenance company to do so - because I think he's as fed up as we are.

I am the happiest Jessi right now, because not only could I take Darcy for a walk on the Heath, but it seems like the remaining repairs can happen at home - which means my chair doesn't have to go away! Huzzah.

Sure, it's still slower due to the (possibly unnecessary) change of motors, but I can cope with that. After all, slow and steady wins the race, and as long as I can take my dog for a walk I don't care how fast I go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment