Saturday 7 June 2014

Post the Thirty-Sixth - chair update four

The plan for today's post was to write a coherent and interesting account of my Mama's awesomeness by telling you all about the conference in Florence from which she returns later tonight. That will have to wait a while, though, because...

The joyous day has arrived! After exactly two months (it started misbehaving on 7th April) my chair is finally fixed! Huzzah! The engineer came at just after two today, left just before six and now, at last I have a working chair.

I cannot stop grinning.

Having had (another) four hours or so in bed to reflect, I can promise you that this will not make me complacent about my walking mission. Far from it, because this whole process has taught me very definitely what I thought I understood before - that technology is hugely unreliable (and, also, that if you want something done quickly you're usually best off doing it yourself). So, really, the fact that my chair is fixed has made me all the more determined not to need it as much - if only to save Mama's arms!

For now, though, I hope you'll excuse me - I'm going to zoom up and down the corridor a few times, because I can.

Thanks so much for all the support. I truly wouldn't have survived these last two months without it!

Love Jxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment