Wednesday 9 July 2014

Post the Sixty-Eighth - hurrah for hydro

I had hydro again yesterday - which was a big deal because it meant that the pool is finally stable again and Friday wasn't a one off. I probably won't write about it for a while now, since I know that hearing about the same things over and over again can be boring, but I wanted to document yesterday's session for two reasons.

Firstly, I was premenstrual. You can ick all you want about the fact that I've mentioned my cycle online (I had doubts about covering this aspect myself) but the fact is I am a woman, women should be allowed the freedom and respect to write about whatever they like on the internet, and my monthly cycle has frequently had a significant impact on my physical ability. For instance, in the weeks leading up to my period (yes, I have actually typed the word), my muscles are usually very tight and my spasms increase a great deal. 

However - and this is why I broach the subject now - in the pool yesterday I was able to shake that off, and to relax, which brings me to my second point. During my stretches, we/I managed to get both my legs within in mere inches of completely straight. I've not been that flexible in years on a good day, never mind on a day when I'm hormonal.

So the moral of the story is - I control my body. My body does not control me. I can't quite express just how good it feels to be able to state that.

No comments:

Post a Comment