Friday 11 July 2014

Post the Seventieth - cut off

It seems apt that my seventieth post is one filled with joy. You might not guess that from the title, though, so allow me to elaborate. 'Cut off' is there because it has two potential meanings for me. The first is isolation and, indeed, I've been well-acquainted with that feeling. The second can evoke new beginnings, however, and it is that to which I refer today.

After more than two months of being able to leave my house only on rare occasions because of my chair, my hair had grown rather long. My hairdresser is just around the corner, but they have a tiny step that requires the power of my chair to get up it, and I had to wait. So to celebrate my chair being fixed at last, yesterday (as well as having my wonderful lesson) I went and had it chopped. I haven't taken photos, because it's simply been restored to its usual bob (and it's extremely difficult for me to take a selfie!), but it feels fantastic, as well as symbolic that I marked the end of one 'cutting off' by having another! Puns, puns, we love puns...!   

No comments:

Post a Comment