Wednesday 16 July 2014

Post the Seventy-Fifth - time warp

This is a very weird post for me to write, not least because I didn't expect to be blogging still and therefore to have a place to mark it. A year ago on this date (although not this day - it was a Tuesday) I graduated from Warwick and walked to collect my degree. A whole year has passed. How is that possible!? Yet it feels like yesterday - and the thought that I managed it, surrounded by family and dear friends, still fills me with unbounded joy. The memories could not be more vivid.

Somewhat ironically for a literature student, however, I'm finding it difficult to formulate words - and, anyway, today isn't about me. It's about my friends and fellow students from the English dept who have collected degrees of their own this afternoon.

So, congratulations, lovelies! Wish I could have been there to watch and I hope your day has been as memorable as you deserve it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment