Thursday 17 July 2014

Post the Seventy-Sixth - perpetual beginning and ending

NB: I should note here that this post is the first in another series of backdated entries so, although it is marked as 17th July, I am actually writing it a full ten days later on the 27th. Again, this is not due to a lack of subject matter, merely a lack of time - for which I once more profusely apologise. Several people have asked me what has happened to my blog, to which I can only reply 'dissertation', before attempting to make amends and catch up. I would say this won't happen again, as I did before, but that clearly wasn't true or successful. So I'll simply try to make my way through the backlog.

Having posted yesterday about the pride and congratulations I wish to give to those of my Warwick friends who have reached their own graduations, and how I can't quite believe it's been a year since mine, today I want to do something similar for my current cohort of friends and colleagues at RADA. For, whilst we have yet to reach graduation, this week brought with it the performances of those of us who decided to stage a work-in-progress piece as part of our practical dissertations. I am writing a play, so this does not apply to me, but I have attended most of the productions. Unfortunately I can't go tonight, because I have had tickets for something else for months, but I know that the performance will be as brilliant as all the others have been.

That is why I am proud. My friends have exhibited the diversity and the complexity of their imaginations, dealing with a range of topics in a variety of different styles, and they have shown the real power and joy of theatre - anything is possible, if you can think it up. Most importantly, they have given it their all, and done so with style, grace and professionalism. If these are 'works-in-progress', then I can't wait to witness the finished articles, should they choose to develop them further.

Yay MA T&P - what a wonderful year we've had!

No comments:

Post a Comment