Tuesday 22 April 2014

Post the Second - Hallelujah, back again!

The title of today's post is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the chorus of a song from 1928, called 'Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!', a recording of which I'll post below because it is truly brilliant. The song is a sarcastic and satirical take on life as a homeless person, and challenges the idea that homelessness is a choice, based purely on a desire to rip off the welfare state. Those of you who know what a leftie I am will understand why I love it. The video is here:

Anyway, as you will notice in listening, the second line of the chorus is Hallelujah, bum again. I've stolen this and adapted it for two reasons. Firstly, this is my second post, and I'm very definitely back to blogging. Secondly, this week (despite the stress of a broken chair and a manifesto to write) the Botox injections have enabled me to lie on my back and do stretches every evening. Huzzah! So I thought I'd post some photos, for you to see that, but also in order for you to see my lovely furry helper, Darcy, because it's his birthday tomorrow!

Hallelujah, back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment