Wednesday 16 April 2014

Post the First - another year, another blog

Hello!

Those of you who have followed my blogging endeavours before will note that this one bears a striking similarity to the last, in name if not in colour. For those who have yet to read any of my ramblings, I shall write a proper introductory post at some point in the near future, but you might want to start there first, at Walking by 2013.

It probably seems odd that I am doing this again, not least because last time I was writing about the process of training to walk to collect my undergraduate degree and now I have nearly finished my first foray into postgraduate study. I'll grant you that. The thing is, though, I'll only be graduating from this Master's a year from now, in April 2015 - so I could just do another version of my previous blog. Having said that, it isn't my plan, at least not this time round. (I do want to walk to collect my MA, so I'll most likely write about that, but not exclusively.)

All right, I can hear you saying, cut the preamble and tell us what you will be writing. 

Well, for the last few weeks my chair has been playing up, and last night it decided to give up. Whilst lying literally stranded in bed waiting for the engineer to arrive to a) make a diagnosis and b) hopefully fix it, I must admit I was feeling pretty sorry for myself. Then a friend texted and made me laugh a lot, and I snapped out of my tears for long enough to realise that I had a choice - I could mope, or I could take a leaf out of my puppy Darcy's book and take this as an opportunity to experiment and play.

So, in the spirit of all the physical theatre and improv I have been doing over the last little while, I have decided to choose the latter path and take my chair breaking down as a sign that it's giving me a chance to explore different ways of moving. Since I've just had botox, and it's roughly a year until the next graduation, it feels like it couldn't be a better moment to start. 

Hopefully by the time I get there I'll have found my feet. If you fancy coming with me to look for them, you're all very welcome to tag along!

Love xx

1 comment:

  1. I'll be tagging along with you my GodChild. Thanks for this :-) You rock big time my angel. xxx

    ReplyDelete